You will come across a lot of recipes for mooli paratha where it is stuffed in, either raw or cooked. But since this forum is abut easy recipes, we will obviously do it the easy way. My best friend's mom made it this way when I went to visit her in Delhi,15 years back.
chappathi flour-2 cups
grated radish-2 cups
Green chilli-4,chopped fine or chilli powder-1tsp
Coriander leaves-3 tbsp
Onion seeds- 1 tsp (optional)
oil-2 tbsp(prevents dough sticking to rolling pin and surface)
1.Grate the radish , add salt and keep it aside.
2. In the mean time assemble other ingredients , tidy up the kitcen,check you email.
3. Squeeze the water out of the grated radish and keep it aside.
4. To the flour add little salt and oil Mix add rest of the ingredients including squeezed out radish.
5.Make the dough adding the liquid squeezed out of radish. If at all required add yoghurt.I did nit need to add any water at all.
6. Roll it out like chappathi on a floured board and cook it on both sides adding oil.
7. Serve it with dahi tadka and pickle .
If storing the remaining dough, sprinkle some flour on it to absorb moisture.
If you want you can add spices and more coriander leaves but I dint want to lose the flavour of "mooli"..
This comment has been removed by the author.ReplyDelete