The next best thing to make with cabbage after cabbage muthia is cabbage paratha. I used the same recipe for stuffing as I would do for gobi/ cauliflower paratha. I had the best gobi paratha in Conoor, made by the cook there about 12 years back. I have been using the same recipe since then.
Cabbage-1, medium size
Ginger-garlic paste-2 tsp
Green chillis-6-8, finely chopped
Coriander leaves- handful,finely chopped
Spices-1/4tsp turmeric, upto 1 tsp of garam masala,
Wholemeal flour-5 cups
Warm water- as required
1. Get your partner or spouse to grate the cabbage using a food processor.
2. In a wok add oil, then the ajwain. When it splutters, add the ginger garlic paste and greenchillis. Saute till raw smell goes about 2min. Then add the cabbage and salt &cook till it soft and cooked. Add the spices and lastly add the coriander leaves and mix.
3. Make a soft dough as for chappathi .
4. Make two small thin chappathi. Add about 1.5-2 tbsp stuffing on one chappathi and cover it with second one.Pinch/fold the sides such that the stuffing doesn't come out. Roll them lightly gain to make a 5 mm thick paratha.
5. Cook on tava on both sides adding oil/ butter.
Serve it hot with pickle and yoghurt.