Saturday, 11 February 2012
Dosa sambaar chutney
This is our weekend breakfast normally and I make a huge amount in my 25 kg grinder. But I have a shortcut for people who dont want to stand in front of mixie or grinder all morning.
urad dal-1 cup ,soaked overnight
parboiled/easy cook rice-1 cup soaked overnight
raw/long grain rice-2cup,soaked overnight
(alternatively, rice flour-2 cups........to avoid grinding the rice !!!)
methi seeds-1 tsp(soaked with urad dal)
1. its important to grind urad dal really well after draining along with methi seeds.
2. Next either you can grind the rice and add it to urad dal mixture or ....shortcut ,add 2 cups of rice flour instead
3. Mix them well.add salt and let it ferment overnight in a warm place
4. Adjust the consistency to suit you for easy spreading.....add some oil,if not on diet.
Tur dal-3 handful
vegetables-carrot,potato ,brinjal 1 each,beans--chopped chunkily
tamarind- lemon size,soaked in hot water
sambar powder-3 tbsp(I use eastern)
tadka- oil.mustard seeds,whole red chilli,curry leaves
1. Pressure cook tur dal with vegetables,salt and turmeric, 3 whistles
2.In a saucepan add tadka ings,then add onion,sautee for few min till onions are soft
3.Add sambaar powder mix for a min, add chopped tomato, mix for a min or two
4. add cooked turdal&veg and tamarind extract.
5. Boil it and simmer for 10 min.
Fresh coconut- half grated or chopped in small pieces
carrot-1 (optional,to make it nutritious and add colour)
roasted chana/gram- 1 tbsp(optional,for consistency)
Tadka- oil, 1 tsp mustard seeds,urad dal,whole red chilli,curry leaves
Grind in a mixie all except tadka adding water. you can add a tsp of curd if you like it sour. Add tadka. Done.