Search This Blog
Thursday, 16 August 2012
Pistachio Pudding Dessert
I could actually patent this dessert coz you would not find this anywhere on google. The origin of this dessert was with ingredients in my cupboard which neded to to be got rid of and then made changes as I went along. It does not require any cooking and has taste , texture and some alcohol too. It is inspired by tiramisu and watergate salad .
Sponge fingers- 1.5 packet
Crushed pineapple-1 can
Pistachio Jell-O- two 3.4 oz packet
Amaretto liquer-3-4 tbsp
1. In a wide glass bowl, first line it with sponge fingers. Moisten it with 1 or 2 tbsp of amaretto and pineapple juice from crushed pineapple.
2. Mix crushed pineapple including the juice with 1 packet of dry pistachio pudding mix. Fold in half of the whippd cream. Spread this mix onto the sponge fingers evenly.
3. Line another layer of sponge fingers. Add 1 or 2 tbsp of Amaretto.
4. Make pistachio pudding with 2 cups milk and 1 packet of mix. Fold in other half of whipped cream. Spread this onto the second layer of sponge fingers evenly. Top it with chopped pecans.
5. Chill it for atleast 4 hours and serve cold.