Over the years I have made a variety of rice preparations using almost all kind of vegetables but I never made cumber rice untill now. It is summer now and cucumber rice sounds very soothing and refreshing. The sparing use of spices and minimal cooking time retains the nutrition and taste.
4 tbsp - oil
1/2 tsp - cumin seeds
1 tsp - finely chopped ginger
5 - green chillies, finally chopped
1/2 tsp - turmeric powder
1 onion, chopped
2 ripe - tomatoes, chopped
1-long cucumber, grated
Coriander leaves for garnish
salt to taste
- Heat oil and splutter cumin seeds.
- Add ginger, green chillies, salt, turmeric powder and onion.
- Saute on low flame till onions turn translucent.
- Add tomatoes and cook for another minute.
- Stir in cucumber and cook on high heat for a minute.It will ooze a lot of water which adds to the taste.
- Stir in cooked rice.
- Cook for 2 mins on high heat and transfer to a serving dish.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve.