This is a simple and easy dal preparation which has a bite to it. It is a good accompaniment to rice or roti.
2 medium size - zucchini, chopped in chunks
1.5 cups - moong dal/ split green gram
3-4 - green chillies, chopped
2 tsp - sambhar powder
Salt as required
Tadka- Oil,2 tsp jeera,1 tsp mustard, pinch of asafoetida, 3 whole red chillies
Chopped coriander to garnish
- Pressure cook moong dal and zucchini with salt and water until 2 whistle.
- In little oil add all the tadka ingredients, when it splutters add the green chillis and sambar powder.
- Immediately add the cooked dal with zucchini.
- Let it simmer for 10 min . Adjust the seasoning
- Garnish with chopped coriander.
- If needed squeeze some lemon over the top
- Serve with rice/chapathi.
Hi Naveena ,ReplyDelete
Your recipe inviting me !!!
And i invit you to my blog:))
Neat presentation :))
Keep on Dear...
Nice, never tried Dal with Zuchnies.. will try it...ReplyDelete
Yum! Yum! Yum!
Innovative naveena chechi!!ReplyDelete
very simple and quick to prepare..ReplyDelete
Thankyou ladies....its an easy preparation and zucchini add a distinct texture to the dal. If no zucchini then can substitute doodhi (bottle gourd) or turai (ridge gourd)ReplyDelete
Lovely this daal. Easy and tasty and the perfect recipe for someone like me who has lots to learn about Indian cookery (which I really love!)ReplyDelete
You have a very nice blog.
Perfect comfort dish, can have it almost everyday.ReplyDelete
Love dal anytime .Looks deliciousReplyDelete