Friday, 16 March 2012
This is my daughter's favourite and this is my mother's day gift for my kids. They have been trying to be very secretive and buying things that I like and making their own cards. I was never like them when I was growing up.
Besan/gram flour-3 cups
Sugar-2 cups, powdered
melted butter/ghee-1 cup
Nuts- chopped almond,cashew or pistachio
1. First powder the sugar along with cardomom in a mixie.
2. Sieve the garam flour if it is lumpy (mine was) and roast them in a wok or microwave stirring intermittently for 5 min. turn off the heat
3. Add the powdered sugar and nuts and mix it well.
4. Melt butter for a min in the microwave.I do not like the smell of ghee, so use lurpak butter for all purposes.
5. Add the melted butter/ghee to the mix while still hot, mix and take a handful each time and shape it into a ladoo.
This made about 20 laddoos, I used small tea cup for measurement. .