If you are ingesting calories why not do it in style ,enjoying every bite ,at the same time watching your waistline!
Search This Blog
Tuesday, 21 February 2012
This appeals to kids and adults equally coz this tastes rich at the same time its not spicy at all. If you have made chicken curry or vegetable curry then this rice is the ideal accompaniment. It hardly takes any time to make but noone will suspect that.
Basmati Rice- 3 cups,soaked in water for 30 min and washed &drained
ginger garlic paste-1 tsp
whole spices- 1"cinnamon stick,4 cardamom
coconut milk-1 cup
cashew /raisins-fried for garnishing (optional)
1. While the rice is soaking, chop 1 onion and thinly slice the other.
2.In a big pan,add butter/oil and the whole spices.
3. Add the chopped onion and sautee till it turns pink and soft.
4. Add ginger garlic paste and fry for 2 min till the raw smell goes.
5. Now add the rice and fry till it turns opaque and brittle...about 3 min, this will make sure that rice is not sticky when cooked
6. I normally transfer it to the rice cooker and add the coconut milk and 4 cups of boiling water. Add salt ,mix and taste the water to check the right amount of salt.
7.While thats cooking, fry the cashew and raisin and sliced onions till crisp and brown, for garnishing. This is optional.
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment