Search This Blog
Friday 15 June 2012
This is first thing that I made when I first started cooking. My daughter, Anjali loves them and calls it the yellow balls. I am putting this recipe here just for her so that one day she can make it herself. She does not like the peanuts, chillis or potatoes in it but hopefully oneday she will appreciate the taste of the original sabudaana khichdi.
Peanuts-half cup, roasted and skinned
Green chilli- 2-3
Lemon juice- 1 tbsp
Cumin seeds-1 tsp
Sugar-1 tsp (optional)
1. Wash sago in water 2 or 3 times to remove all the starch around it and keep it aside for 1-2 hrs. It will swell up and absorb all the moisture and turn soft.
2. In the meantime, coarsely grind the roasted and skinned peanuts.
3. In oil/ghee, add the cumin seeds and curry leaves. When it splutters, add the green chillis and turmeric. Immediately add the chopped potatoes and salt. Stir intermittently and cover till its cooked.
4. When potatoes are cooked, add the ground peanuts, sugar and mix .
5. Add the fluffed up sago and keep stirring for 3-5 min.
6. Turn off the heat and lastly add the lemon juice.
Sometimes the sago might stick to eachother depending on the quality, amount of starch and how old they are. It will still taste good.