Search This Blog
Tuesday, 21 February 2012
There are plenty of preparations of Daal as an accompaniment to plain rice in India ,each region will have its own version. The one that I make goes well with rice and chappathi. It is high in protein and very nutitious and not too spicy.
Tur daal- 1cup ( you could use red lentils too!)
Ginger-garlic paste-1 tsp
green chilli -2 ,chopped
Spices- 2 tsp coriander powder,1 tsp chilli powder ,half tsp garam masala, turmeric-1/4 tsp
Tadka- oil ,mustard seeds-1 tsp,jeera-1tsp, whole red chilli-3
Coriander leaves-for garnishing (optional)
1. Pressure cook the dal with salt &turmeric in 2 cups of water till 4 whistle.
2. While thats cooking, chop the ingredients
3. In a saucepan add little oil and tadka ingredients. when it splutters add onion,green chilli &saute.
4. Add gingr garlic paste, fry for a min add the spices fry briefly.
5. Now add the chopped tomatoes and let it cook well till oil starts leaving out.
6. Add the cooked daal ,let it boil then simmer for 5 min
7. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve with Jeera rice or chappathi