Friday, 16 November 2012
Capsicum masala with peanuts
I wanted to make a quick curry with capsicum with flavour of peanuts in it which was something similar to what I used to make a long time ago. It was ready in 20 minutes and the flavour was awesome.
Bell pepper/ capsicum-4, chopped chunkily
To be ground: Roasted peanuts-5 tsp,Coconut- 4 tsp fresh or dessicated,Tamarind paste-2tsp
Cumin seeds-1 tsp
Spices- a pinch of turmeric,1 tsp chilli powder, 1 tsp garam masala, 2 tsp dhana-jeera powder( or a tsp each of coriander and cumin powder)
1. In little oil, add the cumin seeds and when it splutters add the chopped capsicum. Let it cook for 5 min.
2. In the meantime, grind peanuts, coconut and tamarind paste with some water into a smooth paste.
3. Add the spices to the capsicum and stir for a minute. Then add the ground peanut paste and salt.
4. Simmer it till oil starts separating, about 10 minutes. Stir intermittently.
5. Garnish with coriander leaves.
Serve hot with roti or chappathi.