Search This Blog
Thursday, 19 July 2012
This is a very nutritious pulao and very easy to make. You could also add cooked rice once the sprouts are cooked and since the cooking time is thus reduced , the nutrition is preserved.
1 cup uncooked rice
1 cup sprouts
1 onion, finely chopped
1 teaspoon ginger-green chilli paste
1 sweet pepper/capsicum, chopped (optional)
Whole spices-1 bay leaf, 1 clove ,1 stick cinnamon ,½ tsp cumin seeds
Spices-¼ tsp turmeric powder ,1 tsp chilli powder,1 tsp coriander powder, 1 tsp-cumin powder
salt to taste
For the garnish
2 tablespoons chopped coriander
1. Wash the rice twice and keep it aside.
2. In a wok, add oil and then the whole spices. When cumin seeds splutter add the onion. Saute till pink.
3. Add the ginger green chilli paste. Saute for 2 min. Add the spices now. Stir for a minute.
4. Add the capsicum and sprouts and saute for 2 minutes. Add rice and stir for 2 min.
5. Transfer it to rice cooker . Add 2.5 cups of hot water. Add salt. Mix
6. When its done, garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with pickle and yoghurt.
Tip: You could freeze the unused sprouts for later use.